HELP! 3 Week Old Chick Limping and Lethargic- Cocci??

Well I have started Corid.... I am giving 1/3 tsp in her quart water jar. I have been in and out all day, so since I haven't been able to monitor her consistently, I am still hand feeding her and forcing fluids. I am using her feed and making it into a mush with the Corid-water. She seems delighted to eat and drink, but then as soon as she is back in the brooder, she plops down and sleeps. Very pathetic still. And still extremely lame/limping. Lethargic. Barely moves around. I have tried to examine her leg... feeling around, comparing it to her good leg. And I just can't seem to notice anything. I don't know what exactly I am looking for, but perhaps a slipped tendon?? She is a feathered leg bantam, so the feathers make it difficult.

Anyone out there tonight have any advice? Am I doing anything wrong/good? Am I missing something?

Is your little chick doing any better? I hope so!!
1f424.png
1f424.png
1f44d.png
1f64c.png
1f609.png

She was not getting better so we put her down.  Buried her outside and planted a lovely flowering plant on top of her.  Thanks for asking.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that!
1f625.png
1f625.png
1f629.png
1f627.png
1f424.png
I hope you'll make it through her passing. But I know that you'll have luck with the rest of your chicken adventures!!
1f64c.png
1f44d.png
1f609.png
1f414.png
1f413.png
1f424.png
1f609.png
1f44d.png
1f64c.png

Definitely get to the vet or feed store. We keep our meat chicks on electrolytes all the way through their life cycle as that does seem to help with leg issues, but this needs to get checked out by someone who can actually inspect her, I think. Best wishes to you and her!

Definitely get to the vet or feed store. We keep our meat chicks on electrolytes all the way through their life cycle as that does seem to help with leg issues, but this needs to get checked out by someone who can actually inspect her, I think. Best wishes to you and her!

Well if you read above... she actually didn't make it. She had a slipped tendon that was not fixable.

Back
Top Bottom