Help? 4 Wk Silkie w/ith stunted growth, watery eyes, & sleeping a lot. UPDTED: Added Video & PICS

Sorry your little guy is sick
sad.png
I would remove the pine shavings incase she's having a reaction to them it's rare but it does happen. Do you think she might have swallowed some shavings? Tylan is great medicine if it's something a antibiotic will help. Once a day is good.
I would try to get her tested to see what your dealing with. Call your state agriculture department they might do the test for you from a swap or direct you to someone that will. Here's some dieases with symptoms to read through I hope it's none of these.
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Thanks. Are those tests affordable? Didn't even think of the pine shavings being an issue. I'll have to look into putting her on something else just in case.

how is the silkie doing?
Her eyes look better but other than that.. I have no idea, really. She still has an unkempt look about her. The other birds are filling out and becoming really fluffy looking and getting their fluffy tails. Lulu looks little, still. I am wondering if I should just put her back with her flock? When are they allowed to go back, anyway?

This is my question too.
Is she a "runt" low on the pecking order? I am wondering if my pullet was like that (she is one of the smaller ones) and she just did not get enough extra nutrition. Not sure. The supplements did seem to work.
Good luck, and if I hear when they are good to go back to the flock, I will let you know.
Best of luck

Back
Top Bottom