HELP a Crazy Noob lady

Bird Lady Outlaw

In the Brooder
Sep 23, 2017
Wheeling Wv
Okay so im sure yall seen me posting a billion times today. My bad lol I've been researching what light to use to brood indoors because I'm legit scared of cooking my chicks. I'm finding a billion diff answers. Someone plz help me. Do I have to use this red heat lamp bulb. It's scary. Don't want to come home to a burnt down house or cooked chicks.

If I can use a diff bulb does it have to be something specific? Can I use a normal light bulb if so what wattage? They're inside my house! I wouldn't need anything that puts off a ton of heat but this right here my friends is scary! I'd get a heat plate of I had enough time but they'll be here tomorrow! It'll take me a wk to get one shipped! And plz no negative comments I'm learning!

Attachments

• 1519338928574681233761.jpg
    1519338928574681233761.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 5
You could make a Mama Heating Pad. I’ll be building one for my quails. I don’t have the link to the article on hand but if you search it up you’ll see what it is, I really like it compared to heat lamps, it doesn’t seem so harsh on their body and will be less expensive than a group of heat plates.

Back
Top Bottom