Help a Design Student!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by UniChicky, Oct 19, 2014.

1. UniChicky

UniChicky New Egg

Oct 2, 2014
    Hello all! [​IMG]

I have been keeping chickens for about 5 years now and I am hooked! I have OCD (obsessive chicken disorder), everything I buy I look to see if it comes with chickens printed on it!

I'm a final year product design student in Nottingham (England). For my final year project I am looking into re-designing chicken housing to make them easier to clean and more suitable for urban gardens.

I would really appreciate all of your help, wherever in the world you live and whether you live in a town, city or in the middle of nowhere. Old and young, experienced and newcomers your help and opinions will prove invaluable to me.

I have been making my way through all of the forum topics on keeping chickens and housing requirements and have found out lots of really useful information.

I know it's a bit cheeky but would you be able to tell me what you find useful in a chicken house, what chickens do and don't need and any advice for designing chicken houses. I have noted that a large proportion of you have made your own chicken houses and I would love to find out about your experience of building your individual house.

Thanks,

UniChicky [​IMG]

2. UniChicky

UniChicky New Egg

Oct 2, 2014
    This is even more cheeky, but would you be so kind as to take these 2 quick surveys about keeping chickens and chicken housing. They will form a large part of my research for this project and I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks again [​IMG]

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TX26YYP - This one is about keeping chickens

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TNWH3ZW - This one is about chicken housing

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  3. RonP

RonP Chillin' With My Peeps

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by