HELP!!! Advice Needed, Please!! Duckling piped from smaller end of egg abd hasn't zipped the egg!!

I want you to understand that after a duck pips it can take up to 2 days for it to hatch and fully absorb its yolk.....

READ THAT ARTICLE READ AND UNDERSTAND! https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching

DONT RUSH THEM!!! read read read
Step by Step Guide to ASSISTED Hatching

GRAPHIC PICTURES FIRST
Why?
Because MOST New Hatcher's ASSIST too SOON & too FAST!

Below is the result of a BEAUTIFUL Chick that will die.
This chick clearly was NOT ready to hatch as her yolk sac has not yet been drawn inside the
abdominal cavity, nor have blood vessels receded.

I can not express how necessary it is to understand the hatching process!

Below another chick CLEARLY being Assisted too soon!

Anxiety at this stage is tremendous for the first timer and they can quickly misinterpret the well being of their chicks and prematurely intervene with disastrous consequences.

Understanding The Hatching Process

Between the 15th and 16th days, the chick orients itself so that its head is near the air cell at the large end of the egg. Not long before the chick is ready to attempt to make its way out of the shell its neck acquires a double bend so that its beak is under its right wing and pointed toward the air cell.

I think your duck may just need more time, dont rush the duckling, in that video she is doing what you want her to do, chatting and moving, thats what a healthy one does! Its the process to getting out of the shell, they pip long before they hatch sometimes, its all in how quickly they absorbe the yolk sack.... so many people kill chicks by yanking them out too soon or taking the membrane off and they kick out too soon.... plus chances for infection are high when you open them like this, so please take a breath and understand your baby duck!

X2 ducklings take 24-48 hours to hatch. I know its hard to listen to the peeping because they sound desperate but there is a reason that it takes them that long.

That's what I am trying to do, I watched the video link sent to me and did as the woman in the video did. I am staying on top of the membrane what I believe had happenend and just happenend again, the tweezers must of been to sharp and pricked the membrane. Once again, I immediately wrapped her in a wet napkin and placed her back in the incubator. Then went outside and dulled the tweezers on the pavement. I was almost done!!
I didn't candle the egg, I am doing it exactly as shown by the women in the video of the link that was sent to me!!! I am staying on the top of the membrane exactly as shown, but I am not following the air sac. I didn't know to do that. I was wondering how animal lovers opened hers up. I wish I knew someone here who did this!! I am doing exactly as the women shows in the link that shows the graffic pictures first. It's the first of the last three videos on the link.

I was told that since the pip whole was covered over with a brown greenish yellowish like scab, and since she pip on the small end, that I should go ahead and help her with a zipline. I even called a hatchery in California, and they said I should.. I was going to go ahead and wait longer, because all the video that i saw on you tube showed them hatching withing 24 to 48 hours. This is really a hard lesson for me to learn. and very very heartbreaking. I thought I had read and re read enough material that this would be a breeze but it has been nothing but heartache.. In six hours it will be 24 hours since I noticed the scabed whole.

That's what I am trying to do, I watched the video link sent to me and did as the woman in the video did. I am staying on top of the membrane what I believe had happenend and just happenend again, the tweezers must of been to sharp and pricked the membrane. Once again, I immediately wrapped her in a wet napkin and placed her back in the incubator. Then went outside and dulled the tweezers on the pavement. I was almost done!!
I didn't candle the egg, I am doing it exactly as shown by the women in the video of the link that was sent to me!!! I am staying on the top of the membrane exactly as shown, but I am not following the air sac. I didn't know to do that. I was wondering how animal lovers opened hers up. I wish I knew someone here who did this!! I am doing exactly as the women shows in the link that shows the graffic pictures first. It's the first of the last three videos on the link.
I gave you the link to the assisted guide,I think several people have given the link and the steps..... I WROTE THE ARTICLE AND I AM seriously TRYING To help that duck of yours. and slow and calm you down......

I think its NOT ready, and you need to UNDERSTAND what that duck is doing or your going to kill it. I gave you the links and I gave you all I can do for you.... you need to read and understand it.

HERE IS THE LINK one more time.... https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/step-by-step-guide-to-assisted-hatching

I understand, I really do, but you need to wait and breath, this can take a day for you to help this little guy....
hugs.gif
every drop of blood is alot for him..... they are so tiny!

Listen, be patient with the little one. Check for blood. If there's blood she's not ready. Check the inner membrane that covers the duckling, that's where the blood vessels are, not the outer one in the shell. Give her time to absorb the blood and the yolk and she'll be O.K. Just go easy and read carefully through the article in the link, O.K? I've lost chicks because I was too impatient. Just don't make the same mistakes I did.
hugs.gif

I guess what I am trying to help you understand is that YOU ALREADY are helping her, helping does not mean, instantly getting her out of the shell, its a slow drawn out process, and when there is blood in the veins their is pleny of yolk not absorbed....... you may let her rest for 2 hours, the reason your hitting blood then is because the air cell is screwy, thats why I originally said to candle and find it..... and see if its at that end....... here see if this helps your stress.....

BREATHE!
That’s right, take a deep breath, calm your nerves and RELAX!
There is no rush to get a chick out of the shell!

"The developing embryo has lived in this shell for well over 3 weeks.
It has survived off of the contents of the egg for that entire time. The only thing it has absorbed from the outside is Oxygen.
As long as the chick is getting Oxygen, there is nothing urgent. Too many people feel the need to rush in and pull a chick out of a place that has served it well for 3-4 weeks. There should be no rush to get a chick out of the shell if it can breathe. As long as it has access to air through the pip, it can sit there all day, even after the blood vessels recede. It's not going to starve. It has plenty of yolk. It's not going to dehydrate, unless you get impatient and begin removing shell before it's time to do so causing bleeding or too much exposure to outside air."
http://www.avianresources.com/Nursery_Mgt.htm

Back
Top Bottom