HELP! Advice to our Florida family in the track of Hurricane Ian

I read having great insurance is the way to go. I just don't like to loose things and a condo would be a loss. Keep yourself safe. Just the compassionate side of me.
i’m 1200 miles away in connecticut, so all good here.

the condos and house are great, don’t get me wrong, but i won’t be sad if they all float out to sea. i’ll come out ahead in the end.

Do what you need to do it's your water. I like the plank idea! You could strap down a ladder to a roof of the coop.
I’m farther south in st.cloud but we don’t floor here ….. soo far …33 years here… but I added cinder blocks all around the coop n run so if water did start standing around they could get up out of it. Stay safe looks like it’s closer here now.

So far.....neighbors fully mature, large magnolia tree is down, some of the screen panels are gone in our Lanai, neighbors and possibly our shingles are flying away, and that's all I can determine right now. I don't think the roof of my coop is there anymore but my cameras aren't working so I don't know. Oh and the power is out! We are in the eye wall right now.

So far.....neighbors fully mature, large magnolia tree is down, some of the screen panels are gone in our Lanai, neighbors and possibly our shingles are flying away, and that's all I can determine right now. I don't think the roof of my coop is there anymore but my cameras aren't working so I don't know. Oh and the power is out! We are in the eye wall right now.
I want pics. AFTER the storm passes you. Safety to you and yours first.

Well we went to check on our horses during the eye, we don't live on our property, but are only 2 miles from it. Trees down everywhere, an inch or 2 of flooding in parts of the road, the paddocks were flooded but the barn is good! My coop is surprisingly still good!! I will take pictures tomorrow since we still have the second eye wall to come

Back
Top Bottom