HELP/Advice with incubating and hatching duck eggs.

deebs

Chirping
11 Years
Jun 6, 2010
Hello Everyone, I was hoping some of you could help me. We're getting some fertile duck eggs to hatch (Cayuga cross). I bought what I thought was a decent incubator- but there is no visible ventilation in it. From what I understand ventilation is very important. Am I missing something? It has a fan to blow warm air but I don't see any intake... The eggs are set to arrive in about three days- so I have some time but not much. Should I chuck it and try and get another one? Any advice or help you could give me would be very much appreciated (by my wife and I and especially my three kids!). I've attached an image of the incubtor so you can see it.
incubator.jpeg

Hello Everyone, I was hoping some of you could help me. We're getting some fertile duck eggs to hatch (Cayuga cross). I bought what I thought was a decent incubator- but there is no visible ventilation in it. From what I understand ventilation is very important. Am I missing something? It has a fan to blow warm air but I don't see any intake... The eggs are set to arrive in about three days- so I have some time but not much. Should I chuck it and try and get another one? Any advice or help you could give me would be very much appreciated (by my wife and I and especially my three kids!). I've attached an image of the incubtor so you can see it.View attachment 2676646
Hi Deebs

I have this exact incubator. Just hatched 5 of the 6 eggs. Last baby was this morning. ☺ Worked just fine. There is ventilation and the fan will keep the air moving. You can program the turner, which I really liked. Best of luck

Hi Deebs

I have this exact incubator. Just hatched 5 of the 6 eggs. Last baby was this morning. ☺ Worked just fine. There is ventilation and the fan will keep the air moving. You can program the turner, which I really liked. Best of luck
That is a load off my mind! Thank you! Were you hatching chicks or ducklings?

Back
Top Bottom