Help! Aggressive behaviour problems

northernmom

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 13, 2011
i have two hens at the moment, about 2 years old, that grew up together. just today i noticed some unusual behaviour from one of them. she just keeps on picking at the other one until it hides in a corner scared. what does this behaviour mean and how do i make it stop. i have 4 english banty hens waiting in my pick up truck and im not sure i want to introduce them until its safe ... pls help, my 8 year old started crying because shes worried so much about them.

She's probably just establishing her dominance, but you need to check to see if the one getting picked on is bleeding. When chickens see blood, they pick at it, sometimes killing the other chicken. If it's serious, then you need to take the mean hen out. Once the hen has healed you can put the banty hens in, and after about a week put the mean chicken back in. The mean chicken will seem new, and will be at the bottom of the pecking order. Make sure the banties don't get picked on though, when you first introduce them to your hurt hen. Good luck!
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif

Last edited:
thanks. i will definetly keep an eye on them. she stopped picking but who knows what tomorrow will bring ... i will post photos of my new coop once its all stained
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom