Help!! Aggressive Rooster!!

act like another roo get the rooster down softly and tug at the back neck feathers gently and do this anytime he pecks you heard its a sign of dominence
I'll try that also. He use to be beautiful but something is getting ahold of him.....
hide.gif

What I did at the very first sign on aggression was hold him down by the feathers of the back of the head/neck. I mean down on the ground. I slowly let go and if he tried to get up, down he went again. Kept it up till I could let go and stand up w/out him moving so much as a feather. Then allowed him to get up. This has worked on two roosters so far, neither ever showed aggression to me after that. Yours though has already started so it might not be as magical but worth a try.

we have 3 other chickens{a young rooster, a young hen, and an older hen} in the pen with him. i'll give it a go as soon as i get home. i hope the younger rooster will learn a thing a two.

What I did at the very first sign on aggression was hold him down by the feathers of the back of the head/neck. I mean down on the ground. I slowly let go and if he tried to get up, down he went again. Kept it up till I could let go and stand up w/out him moving so much as a feather. Then allowed him to get up. This has worked on two roosters so far, neither ever showed aggression to me after that. Yours though has already started so it might not be as magical but worth a try.

We tried doing that with one of our roos. It didn't work though he was a real tough guy.
smile.png

Last edited:
Nice web site ,but sometimes the roos just won't quit. I tried being nice to one of ours and he would attack me every time I was near him,I couldn't go to the coop with out watching my back or carrying a stick to defend my self,cause there spurs really do hurt a lot. Sometimes you need to show them whos boss and sometimes you need to step away,it depends on the rooster.

He acts like he's going to attack me through the fence but when I get up close and personal he doesnt do a thing. I think I named the roo right: Tweedledum!!

Back
Top Bottom