Help, Amelia is limping from bumblefoot

Oct 3, 2021
So we've been dealing with bumblefoot in Amelia for quite some time now. I started noticing her foot being swollen or whatever and then we started to soak in Epsom salt and then eventually we would do the surgery after the Epsom salts by itself wasn't doing much. So a couple weeks ago we tried to do the surgery. And get all the gunk out. Turns out all the gunk wasn't remove the first time so then I just tried to remove more of it the other day but it's hard because of how deep it is. And not really having proper tools to operate. Well after further surgery and trying to remove the rest of the black stuff she started to limp. So all day yesterday she was limping and part of the day before. I've given her small doses of aspirin as I read I'm different places that what help with her pain. But I guess I'm just asking for people's opinions on how I can deal with this at home if possible. So I'm going to attach a photo of what it looked like yesterday. Clearly it's more swollen. The other foot has am small scab as well but appears to be healing.. Any thoughts on this? It's so deep. Maybe I should soak her for longer?

Attachments

• 20211002_081454.jpg
    20211002_081454.jpg
    352.1 KB · Views: 12
I would also use the Tricide Neo. Many say it helps. But I would also not keep doing surgery. It can take some time for bumblefoot swelling to go away. It can take a few weeks to heal. Repeated surgery could also introduce more infection.

Back
Top Bottom