HELP! An egg exploded during lockdown!

Boymama3

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2023
I have incubated & hatched many chickens & never had this happen before. My eggs in the incubator are on day 20 & in lockdown. & an egg exploded. I heard a loud pop & the smell following was/is horrific. I immediately removed all the eggs from the incubator, wiped them down to get the ooze from the exploded egg off, discarded the exploded egg, & cleaned the entire incubator. Then immediately returned the eggs. I am now waiting for the temp & humidity to get back to the correct number. Two of the eggs are already pipping. Will the eggs be okay & should I expect them to still hatch normally considering I moved them during lockdown. Hoping the chicks will all be okay 🙏🏼😭
Thank you in advance!

I have incubated & hatched many chickens & never had this happen before. My eggs in the incubator are on day 20 & in lockdown. & an egg exploded. I heard a loud pop & the smell following was/is horrific. I immediately removed all the eggs from the incubator, wiped them down to get the ooze from the exploded egg off, discarded the exploded egg, & cleaned the entire incubator. Then immediately returned the eggs. I am now waiting for the temp & humidity to get back to the correct number. Two of the eggs are already pipping. Will the eggs be okay & should I expect them to still hatch normally considering I moved them during lockdown. Hoping the chicks will all be okay 🙏🏼😭
Thank you in advance!
You may have to assist the 2 that had pipped as they might have gotten shrink wrapped but hold tight and wait and see. Sorry that happened and best of luck. :fl

Back
Top Bottom