Thanks so much for your help look what she's left this morning
1f495.png
Just glad that it's a sign she's healthy and settling in
1f495.png
1f495.png

Had another one today
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
. Are ducks like chickens...Will she just go broody in her own time? Think I'll buy an incubator next payday
2764.png

Congrats! So glad they are doing well! You're doing great by them!

Yes, ducks are like chickens about broodyness... some will go broody, some won't... and always in their own time, lol...

An incubator would definitely be good to have, even if she does go broody sometomes they quit before the eggs hatch... just something to note...

Thanks so much, you've been really helpfully with these little ones :D. I'm completely taken with them, they love each other so much and he even sits waiting patiently while she eats or lays an egg. I'm picking up a kiddie pool from a friend tomorrow so I can sink it in the ground. I think they'll prefer it and they can have choice of two pools. I'm thinking of connecting a few pools together and trying this duckponics:):)

I hope things are still going more and more positive! I have to say, hearing all you've done and continue to do for your ducks is a breath of fresh air... please feel free to hop on over to the duck thread... a great group of people there to share with, get tips and answer any questions if you would like...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/737292/the-duck-thread

It's going really well...thanks so much for your help
1f600.png
. She's actually made a nest and there's 4 eggs in it so far so I'm going to leave them in the best and see what she does
2764.png

I made them up a mix of peas, cucumber, sprouts, carrots, mealworms and a bit of corn last night and they loved it
2764.png
2764.png

Back
Top Bottom