Help any ideas?

chicken danz

Crowing
12 Years
May 20, 2010
Waverly
I have a cage of Seramas that have suddenly started dying. Some of them have diarrhea but not all of them. They appear to be normal. Then quit eating and drinking and die within a few hours. These birds are inside and not exposed to any outside disease. There is no blood in their stool. I have three cages of them in the same area and only the birds in this one particular pen are the ones that are dying. None of the birds in this pen seem to be eating well. All of the birds in all of the cages are fed the same feed so it's not in the feed. What on earth could be going on with them. I have so many birds it really worries me it is something that could spread to all of them. I could use any help or suggestions you might have. What on earth is this mystery disease?

If a few birds have died & you're sure it's not the food, it could suggest a disease which is in turn spreading to the other chickens. I would suggest separating the birds somehow either on their own or in pairs.

Or it could be something more simple like something in the air or water, make sure you keep checking these

They were all hatched about the same time. The girls are just starting to lay. I have moved them outside for a temporary place, but fear what ever it is could spread to my other birds. I have no more places to put them so it is a major problem. I am full up with birds. I am just wondering what on earth it could be. How would they get exposed to Coccidiosis inside? Also I don't believe it kills that fast.

From what I have heard, it is usually younger birds that get cocci not birds of laying age, but I have no clue. Never had a bird get it.

Something respiratory perhaps?
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom