HELP!!! Any tricks on getting peafowl to go in their coop at night?

Hello and

Another thing you probably need to consider if you are thinking about keeping your pretty peas penned is the size of your pen.
Grown peas need at least 100 square feet per bird and if I understand correctly your pen is 64 square feet for 4 peas and 10 chickens?
As soon as I saw your post I told my husband "get the blue prints ready for the addition"! We will be expanding in the near future!

Yep once that train comes in he will be 3.5 feet longer he will need lots of room to fan and turn
wink.png
plus his roost will need to be high enough he can get off it with that big train .

Bird math was always hard for me to understand i gave up and just go with it
lau.gif

Bird math division is always made easier in the check out line at the feed mill.

Splain that please
idunno.gif

Basic bird math:

Peacock + peahen = peachicks x (many)
jumpy.gif
Bird multiplication. [Remember from math class, "multiplication" is simply repeated addition
lau.gif
]

Peafowl + feed = peaowner minus $$$ [Repeated subtraction, also happens at the vet, not just the feed store]

Recall from math class, repeated subtraction = division

As a result of subtraction, then many peachicks ------->>>> new homes [Bird division]

highfive.gif

And the remainder (who still remembers "remainders" from math class ?
old.gif
).... The remainder of bird long division is peafowl!

Note that if you shift all the $$$ from guinea feed to peafood, it could technically be a "zero sum game" -- unless you count the net benefit of adding all the negative guineas
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom