HELP! are my chicks to small? *pictures*

well i think i have pin pointed my roos in this bunch (4-6)
( the ones with the least feathers ) im not 100% not even 60% if that true but i might have to get rid of all these roos as i already have 4 roos in my adult flock that get along with everyone, though im not quite sure there breed :hmm

and speeking of bread

my last picture the "australop" thats the only one in my bunch that has white feathers what could it be o.o

Australorps have white chest/belly/faces as chicks and their first flight feathers as chicks often have white as well. He/She will end up all black. I have some 1 week old Australorps in the brooder now. I can take pictures if it would help you feel better.
smile.png

Normal sized chicks!
smile.png

I agree w/everyone else, stop feeding corn, they need the chick starter. It has protein and helps the chicks to grow.
smile.png
Corn is more of a fat with hardly any protein.

ill say this again

i onlt feed them corn for the FIRST 3 DAYS, after that i fed them starter crumbles, there 3 and a half weeks old now and are spending there first night outside as its only gona get 57f+ tonight

they have a draft free area and a heat lamp to be turned on at midnight ( its on a timer if i fall asleep)

Quote:
I understand that .. just wanted to make sure you understoud.
A very, very dear friend of mine lost 3 chicks that were about 2 wks old yesterday. She had been feeding them cracked corn. I think that is why they died!
hit.gif

Quote:
Don't beat yourself up. Three days is not that long. At least you fed them.... And they look fine to me now!

soo after an attack i have lost 12 of my chicks ... there are 8 alive and i cant find the other 2 at first there where 5 alive then i found 3 , but i cant find the other 2 ... i found 2 in my adult chicken coop and surprisingly my adult flock welcomed the 2 with open wings my black cochin even adopted them ( then again they ARE runty black australops, i confirmed this with a trip to the feed store to see a whole bunch of 4 week old australops that are 3 times the size of my bunch )

so to my point, dog killed 12 of my chicks i found 8 alive 2 still missing, should i keep looking?
and why are my chickys soooo runty
sad.png

oh and out of my chicks 12 EE 13 australpos 1 mystery , i have 3 EE and 5 australops left

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom