Help! Are these fertilized?!

Eggs look fertile to me. You got a roo in there somewhere and this one looks suspicious: posture, tail and poss saddle feathers. How old are they?
Can you get pics from the side, top down and head/neck?
@Overo Mare

CD43F73E-8EEC-40B5-82D2-BBF7D10F8750.jpeg

While I've seen many unfertilized eggs over the years that have bullseyes, I've never seen one with a true bullseye, sometimes unfertilized eggs have a smaller "bullseye" which can get confusing, but it's not a true bullseye. This looks like the latter. Very well formed, with a ring around it. Now, there are always exceptions to the rule, but I wouldn't expect so many eggs to have formed a bullseye that looks that good. It still stands that all your chickens are female though
Screenshot_20230209_191431_Samsung Internet.jpg

I did meet a hermaphrodite chicken once, but it was super apparent that he/she had both characteristics. They would lay eggs, crow this scratchy little crow, and had a couple long tail feathers coming down (less than a normal rooster, but they were long and green/black).

I left that farm too soon to see if he/she would try mating with the other hens, or if they could produce a fertile egg. I don't think that is what is going on here, because there would be outward signs, but it was fascinating to me at the time.

You could hang around and see if one is mating... I have an Aemeraucana that everyone thought was a pullet, but turned out to be a late bloomer that doesn't crow!
Or maybe your neighbor has a secret that is getting out to visit the ladies...

Back
Top Bottom