HELP!!!! Are they still alive????

dixiechick

Songster
11 Years
Jul 17, 2008
North Central Florida
Please help!!! My neices were over last night and turned off the incubator!!!!!!!
barnie.gif

I noticed it at bedtime. The temp had dropped to 70 degrees. I calculate that they turned it off 4 hours before I noticed.

Are they still viable?????
fl.gif

I would say yes. I've had a broody hen hop off her eggs, and in the morning they were cold, but still hatched. What breed are they?

Awwww...I know this can be scary!!! They most likely are okay. I had my power go out once for over 6 hours(incubator was of course off) and all still hatched. Think about it---a broody hen doesn't sit on her eggs 24/7. She gets up for awhile to stretch, walk, eat, drink, etc. And the babies still hatch!
wink.png
Most likely they are just fine! Keep us posted!!!

My electricity went out not too long ago and my eggs were on day 14 and I still had an awesome hatch. The temp was in the low 70's by the time I got the bator to work. Yes, work - where they warmed back up until it was time to go home.
tongue.png
Do not give up!

Quote:
Dixie chick..I did the same thing, but the bator had been of for like 23 hours. My chickie chicks are doing just fine. So will yours. Let us know how you do okay? They will be just fine.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:
NO KIDDING!!!!! And I personally told Santa!!!!

Thanks guys for your reassurance. They are rosecomb bantams. Please pray for my little ones...the chicks, not the neices!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom