Help ASAP!!!Can someone tell me what this is?

Pumpkinduck

Hatching
Sep 28, 2020
Hi so my duck is limpy and he’s eating but not really at the same time and today I see this on his foot can someone tell what it is and how to treat it before it gets worse
E3769AAE-4D8E-425A-9ECF-C5B47796E09B.jpeg
602F8BD3-E3D8-46D4-B946-26870BD1B23F.jpeg

I'm not a duck guy but that just looks like a bruise, unrelated to the sickness.
Thats what i was thinking. Did it fall or get stepped on? Was it somewhere with pointy sticks or shard rocks it could have jumped on? I'd keep it isolated and watch it so it doesnt get worse. If you dont see improvement in a couple days or color change in the spot id consider something else

Appreciate it man thanks for the article
No problem. My ducks seem to hurt their feet a lot. So keep an eye on them, watch out for bumblefoot. Look into "duck shoes". Really helpful for keeping injured duck feet clean. And I do use over the counter meds on my ducks. The people in the article don't. That is a personal preference. But the advice is not all bad.

No problem. My ducks seem to hurt their feet a lot. So keep an eye on them, watch out for bumblefoot. Look into "duck shoes". Really helpful for keeping injured duck feet clean. And I do use over the counter meds on my ducks. The people in the article don't. That is a personal preference. But the advice is not all bad.
What otc medicines are best to treat a injured foot? and thanks for the heads up!

The stuff I buy from TSC. But you can use neosporin WITHOUT pain relief. It can cause issues. Polysporin i think is what i use. And some antibiotics i get frlm my vet when bumblefoot happens. Also poultry wound spray is always good to have on hand. And Epsom salt to soak their feet in. Warm water not cold. I also put my ducks in a big rubber maid bin for foot soaks. Just makes it easy to hold them in the water.

Back
Top Bottom