help asap

What were these roo's eatting as black combs sound like diet I know
several years ago my chickens were getting black spots on their comb's
so I changed the diet to make sure and bang spots went away and
an empty crop you might need to see if your other chickens have an
order coming from their beak's ...

I feed them fermented layer feed and no ones had an issue other then my german spitzhquben and EE. he had a sour smell coming off him when i picked him up

Ive had two roos die in two days both with black combs,empty crops and protruding keel bones. help?!
Are you aware that California residents can get a free necropsy done on 2 chickens a year if you deliver them or send them packed in ice packs? I would call your local dept. of agriculture about any illnesses in the area. Can you describe any other symptoms they had leading up to their deaths, such as diarrhea, poor appetite, sitting puffed up, impacted crop, or any respiratory symptoms? What were their ages and have you had any illness in the flock before? Here is a link to help you with information about a necropsy on a dead refrigerated, or sick bird: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/799747/how-to-send-a-bird-for-a-necropsy-pictures

Last edited:
The roos have eaten the same feed as the hens fpr a while. and no no more symptoms. he acted fine last night other then a bit lethargic. and yes i keep the water above tye feed. i difnt knpw about tge necropsy thing

Back
Top Bottom