HELP!!! autopsied a presumed dead duck embryo on day 31 and he is alive!!

You guys were right, he's doing better! I woke up to him peeping up a storm and flopping around the incubator. his legs don't seem to be strong enough to stand and his navel is still large, but he will definitely make it!!
should I keep him separate from the others until his navel falls off and he can walk? that would mean he would stay in the incubator by himself. I could lower the temp to like 33 celsius and the humidity to around 50-60%, would that be ok?
I will try to clean around his sticky eyes with some warm saline solution so that he can see at least. if he'll let me anyway, else I will let him rest.
I'm so proud of him, so tiny and yet such a fighter!

Yes I would keep him separate a while longer to see if he can learn to walk better before putting him in with the others to prevent him getting trampled. Does he seem to be drying out and fluffing up or is he too sticky yet? PICTURES OF THE LITTLE ONE?!?!

Yes I would keep him separate a while longer to see if he can learn to walk better before putting him in with the others to prevent him getting trampled. Does he seem to be drying out and fluffing up or is he too sticky yet? PICTURES OF THE LITTLE ONE?!?!
he is doing so much better! he's fluffing up and trying to stand ♥️

Attachments

• CF180F52-9045-4F1D-B237-898791EC9256.jpeg
    CF180F52-9045-4F1D-B237-898791EC9256.jpeg
    407.5 KB · Views: 58

Back
Top Bottom