HELP!!! autopsied a presumed dead duck embryo on day 31 and he is alive!!

Pics
Please let us know how he's doing.
I have a mixed hatch with a few duck and I may be in a similar situation.
I've had a few chicks pass under one of my hens, cracked shells and not fully formed. I buried the poor babies and hope there's no more but I have quite a bit of eggs left and am at day 25 I think
sorry, i hadnt seen your reply. he passed after a few days.. hope all went well with your remaining eggs!

sorry, i hadnt seen your reply. he passed after a few days.. hope all went well with your remaining eggs!
If he was making weird sounds while breathing, he probably got fluid down into him. Which may have cause respiratory issues. I had one that hatched a full week late. Was doing well the first few weeks but developed strange breathing noises. And heart issues (had to help her because she pipped the wrong place, then turned to pip the right place, but had her leg get stuck in the hole she already made.)

Out of 24 I have 4 viable healthy chicks. 4 stillborn from the one hen. She couldn't hatch any of the 12 she had for some reason and persistently sat on them. It's sad when they are such good girls and hardly leave the nest even to eat and are not rewarded with their own chicks.

Back
Top Bottom