HELP!!! BABY CHICK IN NEED!!

Georgina_parrott

Hatching
Jul 26, 2018
Someone please help, this is my first time incubating and I currently have 2 healthy chicks, 1 of which I helped out and is now healthy.

I have a 3rd chick that is out of the egg (I had to assist again as the membrane was drying out drastically and I just couldn't see him/her struggle) it's been in the incubator for 2 days after hatching. He/she didn't look well at first but seemed to pick up, the chick can't walk as it is very weak, I'm not sure if it's the umbilical cord or the intestines but Im at the point where I'm not sure what to do, so please if anyone can help it would be much appreciated x
IMG_2328.JPG

Photo will be attached
IMG_2327.JPG
IMG_2326.JPG

If you can get some poultry Nutri-Drench, I would try that. TSC and other outlets carry it.
Other than that, when I have chicks that look like that after 2 days, they don't make it.

You can put some Nutri-Drench directly in the mouth with a dropper. It reaches the bloodstream quickly and may give the chick enough energy and nutrition to continue.

It looks like the intestines is protruding out. I believe you can try to fix it but the sooner the better. Search “chick hatched with intestines protruding out” or something like that and read some of the forums on here.

I've left him be, and he's actually running around and keeping his head held up, I've just given him some water for now and I'll try him on food later, any other advice would be great

Back
Top Bottom