HELP!!!! baby chicks lethargic and stumbling around.

Even with the vaccinations I have read they can have problems with cocci. If you can get them to gain some strength then treat with Corrid it may help if it is cocci. I had one come last year with an overload of cocci and she almost died but I just intensively focused on her and she improved after a couple days of enticing her to eat and drink. With her she wouldn't eat mash the only way she would get anything down was if i floated a pinch of food in electrolyte water a few times every hour. I thought she was a goner for sure for a couple days but she is now 2nd in the pecking order of my 4.

wow, great job on saving her. I have heard that if they receive the corrid then it makes the vac. no good ?
hu.gif

wow, great job on saving her. I have heard that if they receive the corrid then it makes the vac. no good ?  :confused:

I have heard the same thing. That's why I haven't tried it. Unfortunately one of them did not make it. The second one seems to be back to normal. I'll continue to monitor her for a couple more days then put her back with all her friends.

Back
Top Bottom