Help!! Baby Chinese quail

Mark.k

Hatching
Mar 25, 2018
Hey guys was just looking for some advice asap.
I have an avairy full of Diffrent finches canarys etc and quail

One of my quail has been sitting for well over a month now so I decided the eggs must be duds and went to grab them out. They were cold etc.

I cracked on to see what was going on.... now I have a baby quail which is still alive ... what do u do?

Mark.k

Hatching
Mar 25, 2018
1522034219562-438220869.jpg

CapricornFarm

Chicken addict
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 1, 2010
Southern Virginia
Hey guys was just looking for some advice asap.
I have an avairy full of Diffrent finches canarys etc and quail

One of my quail has been sitting for well over a month now so I decided the eggs must be duds and went to grab them out. They were cold etc.

I cracked on to see what was going on.... now I have a baby quail which is still alive ... what do u do?
Set up a brooder with a heat lamp or even just a 60 watt bulb if in the house. and see if any others are hatching. Give it fine gamebird starter feed and water in a shallow waterer. One by itself is never happy. Good luck.

Mark.k

Hatching
Mar 25, 2018
Set up a brooder with a heat lamp or even just a 60 watt bulb if in the house. and see if any others are hatching. Give it fine gamebird starter feed and water in a shallow waterer. One by itself is never happy. Good luck.
Ok thank you for your reply
I don't think it's going to live are they meant to be standing up or anything also it had some kind of yolksac attached?

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom