Help Baby pigeon dying

Thank you both so much for helping me out!
Last night I really thought she was gonna die, so all I could think to do was give her a drink of some diluted acv and this morning I woke up and she was perky and had a big appetite!
I’m really hoping whatever it was isn’t going to come back in the evening like that thing you mentioned. I did check her mouth and throat and everything looked good as far as I could tell. Her breathing through her mouth is pretty much silent too. She still peeps and I’ve never seen her sneeze or move her head around weird.
Beeing perky and having a big appetite, clear mouth and throat, looking good and breathing silent, normal peeping, no sneezing and no weird head movements are really good signs :thumbsup
Hopefully the symptoms from last night will not return :bow
I'm sorry I have no idea what a nearly purple beak could mean. Only thing which comes to my mind is being warm and therefore very good supplied with blood in this area - - or having not enough oxygen in such a period (kind of 'turning blue'), but I really don't know, just guessing.
In the sweet picture you posted I noticed your baby has clear bright eyes and her beak looks clean and dry - also good signs ❤️
How are her droppings? Any changes there?

I'm late joining this conversation . . . when I used to take care of wild pigeons in a park, leg weakness or swelling always seemed to be caused by a bacterial infection, that would quickly clear up with something I got from Foy's Pigeon Supplies. I can't remember what. Yes, I know, big help, but pigeons can be given amoxicillin, which Foy's has these days with instruction usage. Or there is always Fish Aid or Fin Mox capsules. The dosage, I have no idea.

In regards to feeding baby birds, the easiest thing I've ever used is Kaytee Exact Hand Feeding Formula. It's the only food that has ever worked for me in saving baby songbirds. It's a powder you add water to, and it's possibly the closest thing to pigeon milk in consistency out there. It's made for parrots and states don't use for wild birds, but it has saved many wild baby birds. It lasts a long time refrigerated, too.

If it's canker, I don't know of any home remedies that work. You would need medication for it. Try with Dennis Kuhn at pigeon supplies plus. He is in Belle Plaine Minnesota... might possibly be close by to you. https://pigeonsuppliesplus.com/
Thank you for telling me about him, unfortunately he’s 3 hours from me.☹️

I saw some people suggesting garlic for canker, so I’m trying that in her water along with the acv. Tonight I’ll look for some meds I could get shipped quickly.

Back
Top Bottom