Help---Baby rooster is crazy

Silkielove53

Hatching
May 12, 2021
I dont know what to do. He is the only surviving chick that I incubated. He has become so attached to me its driving me crazy. He chirps all day and night and is even worse if I leave the room. When he sees me he is so excited, which is kinda cool but he won't stop chirping. He sounds so frantic. What do I do???

This sounds like the cutest crisis ever. I'm no help but felt that should be stated 😄 hopefully this will at least bump thread!

This sounds like the cutest crisis ever. I'm no help but felt that should be stated 😄 hopefully this will at least bump thread!
He is the cutest... and it is quite endearing. But he is driving me and my roommates absolutely nuts... but I couldn't leave him alone so...dumb dumb me.brought him in the house with heat lamp... I ceated a monster. Lol

I did find another thread with a similar situation, maybe it could offer some temporary solutions (stuffies, mirror, blanket) for your little guy:
I’ve been in this position but I hatched more babies for my lone chick. So my lone chick had to wait at least three weeks for new friends of his age. It worked out though because he took those new babies under his wing. Almost literally. While we waited for the new babies to hatch though he had lots of stuffies and a mirror. Also a soft blankie he could snuggle with. He also got to go shopping with me and hung out in my hair. He was a spoiled brat. Now he’s a teenager and just a brat. 😂

I would say if you aren’t comfortable with the possibility of a rooster then wait for the sexed female. Your lone chick will be alright for a couple days. It might need some extra attention, or a mirror or two, but it’ll be okay.

Lil Chi and his babies
View attachment 2632721

Lil Chi now
View attachment 2632722

He is the cutest... and it is quite endearing. But he is driving me and my roommates absolutely nuts... but I couldn't leave him alone so...dumb dumb me.brought him in the house with heat lamp... I ceated a monster. Lol

Yes- you're his momma hen! The little boogers are with momma for at least a month 24/7 - being alone isn't in their DNA so he doesn't have a clue why he wouldn't be attached to your hip. =) Siblings can fill the void for sure.

If you can't find a chick or two at a feed store, another option is craiglist. Or you can order as few as 3 from sites like mypetchicken.com but shipping is definitely a big cost.

Back
Top Bottom