Help! Black beak and gray spots?

PrettyFoot

In the Brooder
Nov 1, 2023
Does anyone know what black spots on the beak with gray bumps underneath the beak is and how to treat it?

IMG_3492.png
IMG_3484.jpeg

It looks like the sides of her face are a bit gray as well now that I have seen it close up. She is scratching her face and rubbing her beak a lot.

Last edited:
Could she have injured her beak and rubbed her face against chicken wire or wire fencing? Are others chasing her? Chickens can suffer fractured or injured beaks on chicken wire or being chased.

She is by herself. I’m fostering her for an elderly cousin who fell. She can be headstrong. It is possible she has rubbed her fencing. Although, I do not know what the gray spots are on the underneath of her beak. The soft tissue area. Looks like warts to me.

It looks like the sides of her face are a bit gray as well now that I have seen it close up. She is scratching her face and rubbing her beak a lot.

She is by herself. I’m fostering her for an elderly cousin who fell. She can be headstrong. It is possible she has rubbed her fencing. Although, I do not know what the gray spots are on the underneath of her beak. The soft tissue area. Looks like warts to me.
Hard to see under the beak.
As for the sides and top of the beak, it's a fairly normal color, some birds have some horn coloring on the beak.

She my have some dirt caked on the beak, but overall, I think she looks o.k.

Hard to see under the beak.
As for the sides and top of the beak, it's a fairly normal color, some birds have some horn coloring on the beak.

She my have some dirt caked on the beak, but overall, I think she looks o.k.
Thank you so much! I’ve always had pet birds but she’s my first chicken. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom