HELP, BLEEDING CHICK IN EGG /WHAT DO I DO?????!!!!

The veins themselves may not be absorbed but the blood in them is. You want that blood in the chick not dried out or bleeding out all over. Wrap the damp paper towel around the membrane keeping the beak completely clear. Do not touch except to rewet as needed for another 4-6hrs. Check it then to see how well the blood is absorbing. If there are still visible veins recover and wait another 4-6hrs. That chick wasn't ready to hatch for at least another 5 hrs if not 12+ anyway. I'd be inclined to leave it overnight with the humidity in the bator run up as high as possible and the beak kept clear of touching anything or falling back into the egg so it won't drown. Preferably I'd try to stay up late enough that enough blood is absorbed you can wiggle the head out without causing more blood loss. Then you can raise humidity without much worry and you won't risk it drying out overnight. When you do check it and finally see plain white membrane with no large blood vessels slit down the membrane until you can pull the chick straight so it's bottom half is still in the egg but it's not curled up. It should push it's own way out from there.

ok so he pushed himself out last night , just a little blood and he had a pea size of yolk still obsorbing, hes alive and moving around but it seems he lays on one side of his body and one eye is slightly closed on the other, hes chirping and drying out a bit but he dosnt seem to want to stand on his legs he just drags himself around , what should i do??

Peffer - is the hatch finished? Is he in a brooder or the incubator still? Is he dry now?

If your hatch is finished, or he's in the brooder already, I'd get/find/buy karo light syrup and give him a couple of drops and then let him rest again. It could be simple exhaustion, in which case Karo should give him a boost without giving him diarrhea and pasting (sugar water often yields both). Karo is more easily digested.

If the hatch is not done, wait until it is. Once he's in the brooder then Karo, and a few hours later poly-vi-sol (no iron) drops should finish picking him up. If he has something wrong with him, karo and vitamins won't help if he's simply exhausted and a tad shocky they should help.

If he still has yolk leave him in the bator until it's gone. Some sugar water might help but if he's wiggling around he's got energy. He's still early coming out of his shell so it may take him awhile to get on his feet. Sometimes chicks that have trouble don't walk normal for a day or 2. After that you can't tell them apart from the rest.

ok , well i cant get those vitamins and the hatch is finished , the yolk is absorbed , so i will try sugar water, how much surgar should i put in like 4 tablespoons of water ???

I usually don't measure it because it's not real important. A few pinches of sugar, dissolve as much as you can, and give a few drops to the chick. Be careful not to drown it.

Back
Top Bottom