Help - bloody droppings!

There is a worm in this dropping, so I recommend deworming:

1602272369703.png

There is a worm in this dropping, so I recommend deworming:

View attachment 2366624
Hi LaFleche, If you are talking about the long greenish thing, originally thought it might be too, so I took it out and looked at it under a strong loop and it is fibrous with no sign at all of any orifice, anus, intestinal looking system.

I also just got her most recent dropping and the good news is, I see no sign of blood and I added water to dissolve it as much as possible and looked at it with my loop paired with my strongest magnifying glass and see no sign of anything that looks like a worm or egg! (although I don't have a microscope, and don't currently work as a biologist, I have a BS in biology so I'd like to think I'd recognize something that isn't microscopic).

Also when I picked her up just now, her cloaca looks totally clean with nothing out of the ordinary. But she is one big pin feather! I think she's extremely uncomfortable due to the molt. Hopefully that is all it is...

I'll add that I've only seen the bloody poop in the mornings... I'm wondering if that is typically when intestinal lining is expelled...

But please (anyone) feel free to debunk any of this... the main thing is her health.
Thanks!

Actually I mean the white elongated thing, but if you have been anatomizing her poop you will know best of course.

Her droppings seem somewhat undigested, so maybe she might benefit from some additional grit.

The 'one big pinfeather' condition is really stressful for them, I have some hedgehog look-alikes as well at the moment and they always seem to suffer quite a bit.

Good morning - here's an update. All day yesterday, no sign of blood in her poop at all. This morning, just a little and it seems to be intestinal lining...(I hope!)
Her energy is a lot better too, she's gleefully running around the yard this morning - the air has finally cleared up from all the smoke.
That said there does seem to be some undigested grain in her poop... do you know if coccidiosis would cause that? I'm still wondering if I should try to get some corid. (Trying to find a vet that will check her poop for droppings today is going to be really difficult....) -Thanks-

Good morning - here's an update. All day yesterday, no sign of blood in her poop at all. This morning, just a little and it seems to be intestinal lining...(I hope!)
Her energy is a lot better too, she's gleefully running around the yard this morning - the air has finally cleared up from all the smoke.
That said there does seem to be some undigested grain in her poop... do you know if coccidiosis would cause that? I'm still wondering if I should try to get some corid. (Trying to find a vet that will check her poop for droppings today is going to be really difficult....) -Thanks-
Do you provide grit (crushed granite)?
Coccidiosis wouldn't cause the grain to be undigested, it may just be passing through the gizzard without being processed.
Corid won't necessarily hurt her or the others if you decided to treat them. It's one thing I do keep on hand, but I rarely use it.

Yes, they get a lot of grit... there is a little dish I put out daily with two kinds of grit and oyster shell. That's what's puzzling. I'll get the corid just in case, assuming there is some where I get their feed!
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom