Help, bloody egg/vent?

Also I think she must be calcium deficient. I give her crushed egg shells, she has access to oyster shells but doesn’t seem to like them and the feed we buy apparently has sufficient calcium for an average hen. Any tips on what I could do better? I feel like every other day I’m baking and crushing egg shells and she gobbled them up like a mad woman. Is it the time of year too maybe with reduced sunlight?

Let us know how she gets along.
She’s doing ok today. She’s eating, drinking, walking around a bit but still isn’t her peppy normal self. And her tail keeps bobbing a little like she’s still feeling like she wants to push something out. No egg laid today yet. I’ll keep watching her. Gave her some probiotic powder too on a bit of egg shells.

That actually is a good thing that she hasn’t laid yet, since her vent spneeds to rest and heal. My hen always will go after crushed egg shells, but I do keep the crushed oyster shell in a container to take as they need it. When you need to give extra calcium, you can human calcium with vitamin d3 1/2 tablet daily for a couple of days.

That actually is a good thing that she hasn’t laid yet, since her vent spneeds to rest and heal. My hen always will go after crushed egg shells, but I do keep the crushed oyster shell in a container to take as they need it. When you need to give extra calcium, you can human calcium with vitamin d3 1/2 tablet daily for a couple of days.

Good to know, thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom