Help! BO layed goopy egg??

@Wyorp Rock
She didnt really react with all the others when i gave them fresh water and she kept eating alone.

Shes my friendliest one, still very friendly. I have a couple hours tomorrow i can keep an eye on her and update fully on her behavior.

If the contents were of an egg the chickens might have gotten to it but i did find it in the feces unbroken other than the end and top being open.

Where would i get the calcium citrate?

Ill be feeding her wet food tomorrow just incase she hasnt drank today.

To note: i have changed their food to an organic kind recently but mixed it with their old food.

Something i did notice tonight. My BO Ginger has flakey white at the base vent feathers and below. She hasnt molted, ever. Her sisters have already molted this winter and fall but she still hasnt. Maybe the flakey stuff is from her starting to molt?

She also has an odd large mushy soft bump under the skin (in a picture below) thats a little darker skin below her vent.

Attachments

• 20230203_215156.jpg
    20230203_215156.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230203_215136.jpg
    20230203_215136.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 2
I would pick up the calcium citrate with D at Walmart or a drug store in the vitamin aisle. You can also use plain old calcium with vitamin D3, or Tums, but the citrate is most quickly absorbed. Aim for 600 mg a day of the calcium, and give it for a few days until she lays. Does her feed have 4% calcium, and do you put out crushed oyster shell in a container for them to take as needed? Has she been able to dust bathe?

Back
Top Bottom