HELP BREED IDENTIFICATION!!

Jip they are a pain.But my chickens are safe now and last one I lost to a predator was in Januarie.I'm trying to expand now but its hard i'm only 17 years old so i'm very busy with school and exams:(

I bought them as Australorps but you may be right the hacthery told me they are a bit low on australorps and will get me as much as they can so i think they maybe scammed me!

Which hatchery did you buy from? I got conned by one who sold me "2 week old RIR pullets" and send me unsexed day old pavement specials. A month late.

I bought them from a hatchery just outside Plettenbergbay I bought ten RIR X Buff orps and ten Australorps they gave me two extra that were a silikie/polish X and a black sex link, two white sussex's and there are six brown reddish ones that are supposed to be the RIR X and there are 10 black and blue ones that are supposed to be the Australorps.

I don't believe it!!! It's the same hatchery I bought mine from!! That woman is unbelievable.. I got some blonde bantam sized chickens, some RIR X's and some white hens. No idea what breeds. No Australorps though, I got my Australorp X hen from a farm worker who swapped me for a few roosters. Here's a pic of some of the chicks I got. That dark one was gorgeous, but heaven knows what went into her. I never saw another chicken with her colouring before or since. I bought 100 chicks from that hatchery, lost 25 due to continuous power failures and being unable to keep them warm and ended up with 42 hens. It was a nightmare...

I'll email a friend of mine and ask him for the number of the hatchery he bought his chicks from and PM it to you.

Yes, he was very happy. He ordered 50 female BO chicks and he that's what he got. Healthy, happy little things. He only lost one to pasty butt, because he didn't know about it and didn't check. But he learned quick! LOL

Back
Top Bottom