HELP bruised duck egg

ducks234

In the Brooder
Jun 23, 2022
my duck eggs are on day 23, they've developed really fast which is fine not sure when because i wasn't really taking notice of what their shell looks like but one of the eggs has a faint yellow/green circle on where its meant to pip. what should i do?? the other egg again not sure when but a bruise appeared but i looked at it for a few minutes and saw its pipped as well and started hatching more. need some advice on what to do. ill upload pictures of the 2 eggs. the 2nd picture shows the egg cracks, the bruise isn't shown by accident but it's where the condensation is and it looks like the 1st picture bruise.

Attachments

• IMG_20220623_175704.jpg
    IMG_20220623_175704.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_20220623_175021.jpg
    IMG_20220623_175021.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 19
What was the temp and humidity during incubation? Are you still turning the eggs? I've never seen a bruise look like that before. Please keep me posted.

What was the temp and humidity during incubation? Are you still turning the eggs? I've never seen a bruise look like that before. Please keep me posted.
38°c and not sure about the humidity as it wasn't me who did all that but it was whats suggested on Google. we've stopped turning the eggs on 23/6. not 100% sure if it is a bruise or what because ive not had eggs before, do you have any idea what else it could be?

Did you have another calibrated thermometer besides the built in one? The 'bator probably ran warmer then you thought and they developed faster. I've never seen something like that before so I'm not sure if it is a bruise.

when we first got the eggs we made sure the temperature was right by putting an outdoor thermometer inside the incubator and it showed 38° we haven't put it in since though but don't see why it would suddenly go up. if it did run warmer will the ducks still be okay?

when we first got the eggs we made sure the temperature was right by putting an outdoor thermometer inside the incubator and it showed 38° we haven't put it in since though but don't see why it would suddenly go up. if it did run warmer will the ducks still be okay?
The temperature can fluctuate quite a bit and the built in thermometers aren't always accurate. High temps of 39C+ will kill the eggs quickly. If they made it to lockdown then they "should" be fine.

The temperature can fluctuate quite a bit and the built in thermometers aren't always accurate. High temps of 39C+ will kill the eggs quickly. If they made it to lockdown then they "should" be fine.
i made a hole in the eggs today, the pipped one is still moving and fine but theirs no movement in the other one so i think it passed.

Back
Top Bottom