Help! BUMBLEFOOT AGAIN!!!

Feather-Mama

Hatching
Nov 25, 2019
For any of you others that have had to deal with bumble foot know how much of a struggle that it is. With this being said just one chicken has had bumble foot three times now and each time I took it and cut the “corn kernel” out each day until it was gone for sure, and then I wrapped it. I don’t know why but it just keep coming back. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!

She is a Rhode Island Red and is about 1 1/2 years old!

TIA

For any of you others that have had to deal with bumble foot know how much of a struggle that it is. With this being said just one chicken has had bumble foot three times now and each time I took it and cut the “corn kernel” out each day until it was gone for sure, and then I wrapped it. I don’t know why but it just keep coming back. Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!

She is a Rhode Island Red and is about 1 1/2 years old!

TIA
Welcome To BYC!
Can you post some photos?
@coach723 is good with stubborn bumblefoot problems and may be able to offer you some tips.

Have you been able to keep your hen on clean dry bedding so the wrappings stay relatively dry?

Pictures would definitely help. Is this the same lesion(s) regenerating, or new bumblefoot starting up? How long has it been going on?
I don’t have pictures because I am out of town but it is the same foot around the same area. Before I left this weekend, we completely deep cleaned the coop hoping that that will help. I guessing that it will but we will have to see.

Back
Top Bottom