HELP!!!!!!! Bump on hens butt!!

My hen has a weird bump on her butt, and idk what to do!! She has labored breathing and a popping noise when she takes a breath. I donā€™t know what to do and I feel so bad that she could be in pain... PLEASE help me!!! :,(View attachment 2284286
her poop is pretty much all watery stuff... she ate a LOT of blueberries (probably 20) which is all that she ate today except for like 3 noodles of Mac n cheese... those are the only 2 things that she seemed interested in. She scarfed down the blueberries but not so much the Mac n cheese... please help me!!!
Please post some more photos. One showing the vent while she's standing so we can get a better reference.

Doesn't look prolapsed, don't push hard - feel inside her vent with a lubricated finger to see is she's got an egg stuck.
Is she's panting and in distress, don't soak her. Place her in a steamed up bathroom.
She does need water, but I wouldn't worry about food.

The popping noise while breathing is concerning.
Let us know how she is.

Please post some more photos. One showing the vent while she's standing so we can get a better reference.

Doesn't look prolapsed, don't push hard - feel inside her vent with a lubricated finger to see is she's got an egg stuck.
Is she's panting and in distress, don't soak her. Place her in a steamed up bathroom.
She does need water, but I wouldn't worry about food.

The popping noise while breathing is concerning.
Let us know how she is.

i will post more pics, she has been drinking, so Iā€™m not worried about that. She hasnā€™t been laying eggs for at least a year now, she got sick a bit over a year ago and she hasnā€™t laid eggs since, so she probably doesnā€™t have an egg stuck. Thanks for your help!!

What do I do about her breathing?!

i will post more pics, she has been drinking, so Iā€™m not worried about that. She hasnā€™t been laying eggs for at least a year now, she got sick a bit over a year ago and she hasnā€™t laid eggs since, so she probably doesnā€™t have an egg stuck. Thanks for your help!!

What do I do about her breathing?!
Thank you for the video, now she is prolapsing a bit. Stick your finger in the vent and feel for an egg. No matter whether she's not laid in a year - she may have lash material in there she's trying to expel.

Not laying egg for at least a year and having that swelling, I would suspect that her issue is reproductive - could be lash material, Peritonitis, cancer, etc.
The difficulty breathing is likely related to internal inflammation, possibly fluid in the abdomen.

Egg, blockage....
How is she doing now?
Is she able to poop? What's that like?

I never felt anything... she is the same, hardly eating, hardly drinking, and her poop is VERY watery... I have put her in a bin with a chucks pad, some food soaked in water, and some water, and Iā€™m hoping that if I keep her inside so that her vent wonā€™t get infected, it MIGHT heal itself... I donā€™t know what to do. Iā€™m trying to let her sleep a lot and I took her and let her be outside for 2 hours this morning and I just sat with her to make sure she doesnā€™t get bullied by the other hens, get flies on her, get hurt, etc. she doesnā€™t walk a lot, she mostly just stands and lays. If I move away from her she will hobble over so that she can be close to me, but she will either just stand, or lay down with her wings flopped out to her sides. She still has a popping noise when she breathes and every breath seems labored... I donā€™t know what to do... I could use some help if anyone has anything that I should do for her.
Thanks!
-Lavender

I never felt anything... she is the same, hardly eating, hardly drinking, and her poop is VERY watery... I have put her in a bin with a chucks pad, some food soaked in water, and some water, and Iā€™m hoping that if I keep her inside so that her vent wonā€™t get infected, it MIGHT heal itself... I donā€™t know what to do. Iā€™m trying to let her sleep a lot and I took her and let her be outside for 2 hours this morning and I just sat with her to make sure she doesnā€™t get bullied by the other hens, get flies on her, get hurt, etc. she doesnā€™t walk a lot, she mostly just stands and lays. If I move away from her she will hobble over so that she can be close to me, but she will either just stand, or lay down with her wings flopped out to her sides. She still has a popping noise when she breathes and every breath seems labored... I donā€™t know what to do... I could use some help if anyone has anything that I should do for her.
Thanks!
-Lavender
I'm very sorry, it sounds like she's in a state of decline :(

Back
Top Bottom