Help! Bumps on face and swolen ear

Speedylilb3

In the Brooder
10 Years
Dec 5, 2009
Pride, LA
45396_ear.jpg

Since it has been raining for 3 days straight I haven't been spending much time in the chicken coop. When I went out today to check on everyone this is what I found. One of my bantam cochins has bumps all over her face and her ear is swolen. Does anyone know what this could be and how I can fix it?

I was about to start a thread when I saw this one. I have the same thing going on with my BO pullet. She is about 6 months old and has not begun laying. She has two lesions on her head and one on her upper neck that look exactly like the ones in the OP's pic. I had noticed the feathers sitting funny about a week ago and just figured my roo had gotten a bit rough with her. Tonight she is having trouble walking ( not sure if she was being picked on). I know she has been eating well although I noticed she seemed light tonight. Her eyes look clear but I am concerned about Merek's.

OP- I hope all turns out well with your (our) birds.
fl.gif

I will be following this thread to see if any more experienced members have an idea of what we are dealing with.

Thanks GA. I really don't think what I am dealing with is pox. These lesions are hard, almost like a boil.

OP- Is the lump on your bird's ear near or actually inside of the ear? Does it have any more larger ones in other places? Does she have any other symptoms?

Back
Top Bottom