Help>>Call duck eggs hatch question

tamsflock

Songster
11 Years
Nov 13, 2008
Ashville, Alabama
Ok I was told by a fellow BYC'r that when the call pips through the air sac to put a small hole in the top large end of the egg. What am I suppose to see when they pip through the air sac??
Yesterday I candled and everything looked great could see the air sac perfectly.
Today one has a stain like look through the egg shell on the big end the air sac. Another I can hear a munching sound really can't see the perfect air sac as I saw yesterday. the third I don't hear anything and there is no sound. Monday is day 28 mine have all hatched on day 27 the last 2 hatches. How long is it suppose to take calls to hatch? Do I put a small hole in the egg I can hear a very faint sound. Last hatch I heard one and said Oh I will have a baby tomorrow. Woke up no sound 3 full term pipped through the air sac not a hole in the egg shell. I don't want to loose any more. What do I do??

Glad to hear yours do it fine on their own. Mine aren't though. I have them set up to hatch every monday. I have lost 5 now that have pipped the air sac but didn't put a dent on the egg shell.

Oh, I hate to hear that.
fl.gif
here's to your future duckies.

Back
Top Bottom