Help! call duckling - no internal pip, should I assist soon?

quackkquack__

Songster
Jun 30, 2022
North Coralina
I have had two call duck eggs in lockdown for three days (put in lockdown on day 23, its now day 26) neither of them have internally pipped but are still quite active, rocking around sometimes, especially when I play duckling noises.
If neither of them have internally pipped by tomorrow morning, should I make a safety hole and possibly cut a slit in the membrane to help them get air? I really don't want these babies to die and I will do anything to make sure they survive.

I would not make a safety hole until they have internally pipped. Making a hole too soon aids in membrane drying out. Being patient is your best option at this point.
Okay thank you!

Is there any point that I should assist if there hasn't been an internal pip after a certain amount of time? I've actually never dealt with internal pips as the only ducklings I've ever hatched either hatched on the wrong side or hatched on their own while I wasn't home so I'm a bit new to the whole "internal pip" thing but I do know what it is/what to look for ^^'

Back
Top Bottom