Help! Can anyone identify the 8 week old chicks and possibly help identify their sex?

olgreenie

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 20, 2013

My chicks are 8 weeks old now and I have no idea what breed these chicks are. I ordered the brown egg layers package from McMurray and I believe I may possibly have a Rooster. I am OK with having a rooster but would like to know for sure! Any help would be great!

easter egger pullet
buff orp pullet3.
easter egger pullet

might be welsummer pullet

llight brahma
6.maybe cochin

My chicks are 8 weeks old now and I have no idea what breed these chicks are. I ordered the brown egg layers package from McMurray and I believe I may possibly have a Rooster. I am OK with having a rooster but would like to know for sure! Any help would be great!

Last edited:
Thanks ramirez! You really helped me out here. Here is another picture of the cochin, do you all really think he is a cockerel?

I started really paying attention to his actions when I turn them out. He very well just be a male due to the fact the way he acts around the hens. I know he is still young but it seems like he is taking on the "who's your daddy" role!

Well, after doing reseaerch on hens and roosters poster. I am starting to believe the E/E (pic #1) is a rooster? I really hope not due to the fact that this is my daughters baby and she will be disappointed if it is a Rooster. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom