help....can i add.....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Connorrm, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Connorrm

Connorrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2011
    Capital District, NY
    Light Brahma chicks from tsc to my mix of two week old orphingtons and cochin bantams...I think the light brahmas are a day or two old

2. heybarb

heybarb Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    North Carolina
    We did and it worked out fine. We watched them very closely for the first few days and they got along great. One of our 2 week old chicks became very motherly, letting the two little chicks snuggle under her wings. One is completely hidden and the other's tail is sticking out! It was really, really cute.[​IMG]

3. smcjoj3

smcjoj3 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 10, 2011
    Rocky Point NC
    I would say yes. we added some 2 day olds to our brooder that was housing 2 week olds last year. Once everyone got over the ' OMG something has changed' mentality, they all faired out just fine. I actually remember being surprised that the younger chicks were more pushy than the older girls. good luck!

4. xxxgeorgiexxx

xxxgeorgiexxx Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2011
    Wales
    i have done before but i kept an eye on them for the first hour or two :)

5. gapeach717

gapeach717 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2012
    North, ga
    i did it twice now and they all are sleeping together well. I have my 13 day olds in with the 6 day olds in with the 2 day olds and all are very happy together. :)

6. magnolia-1971

magnolia-1971 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    SE Wisconsin
    I will be doing this also, It is great to hear what people have experienced. [​IMG] Thanks for the help on this one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by