HELP! Can you help me identify these chicks?!?

sjapenbrinck

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 19, 2013
I bought these chicks from a backyard breeder, but she said she didn't write down on the eggs what kind they were when she got them from under the hens. So she could only give a guess on what they are. The first one i have a pic of is supposedly a polish, but when i looked up polish chicks online they did not look like that. The second one she believes is some kind of top hat, but is not sure. The chick def looks like a top hat, but i am def new to this so i don't really know. I am also wondering what kind of top hat it is... The third chick is a true mystery... she had no idea which kind it is. Thanks so much!!!

Do you have an idea what hens and roosters she has? It's a lot easier to guess when you know what your options are!

No, not really... She has a huge variety. The only other ones I remember is yokahama, bb red, and silkies. Sorry!

The first is looking like a sumatra chick the second looks like a silkie, the question is did she have her breeds separated by breed or just running together? Because the sumatra chick looks to have pink feet and it should have yellow, the silkie should have 5 toes and feathered shanks, but I don't see the feathered shanks.

She did have them separated but not all of them. Sorry about the blurry pic but the first one does have yellow feet. Gosh, I hope he is a yokahama my husband has been wanting one so bad! She only had non-bearded silkies... does that make a difference with the feathers on his shanks? thanks so much for your input!

All silkies should have feathers on their shanks (legs). Non bearded means that they wont have extra fluff around their beaks (underneath the beak like a man's beard)

Here is a picture of one of my silkies, see the puffy bulge under the beak, that's a beard. If you look close you can see some feathers on the outside toe (the feathers were wet from her walking in wet grass so they look odd)

Back
Top Bottom