Help! Can't find answer. Newbie

I saw that there are chickens called BB Reds. I got them at the feed store and I'm thinking I could have misheard him and thought he said 'baby' instead of 'BB'.

"Bb reds" are Black Breasted Red Game birds. I'm not a game expert, so I can't tell you if your chick is for sure a bb red, but if any of them are, it's only the one I circled in your picture. Games do not have feathered legs. Everyone seems really adamant that your chick is ill, and it may well be. But it also may well have been a new hatch from the day the chicks arrived at the feed store, as chicks apparently got very mixed up there. I'd say that your two larger chicks were from the week before, and the little one was only a day or two old when you bought them, unless they were all the exact same size when you bought them? If that's the case I'd lean towards failure to thrive. His development looks similar to that of my Cochin chicks now, who hatched the 13, they are so slow to mature, the other breeds I've got with them are fully wing feathered and the Cochin's have hardly anything, but I have 5 of them, all 35 birds from the same hatchery, picked up, not through feed store.
Finding out for sure what breeds they are will help. Wish I could help more with that, but I only know birds I've had. Little guy could maybe be a bantam Cochin. Big feather legged bird on left is turned away, can't see her clearly..

Update:
Sadly our little baby Arthur passed away. He just never grew so we are thinking that he must have not fully developed in the egg. It was so heart breaking cause we loved him so much. He died in my wife's hand. He will be very missed.
Thank you to everyone's help! The other 2 are doing very well and have doubled in size since getting them.

Back
Top Bottom