Help, cant get heat lamp

has too many animals

In the Brooder
Mar 24, 2020
Spain
This year we decide to hatch double the amount of ducklings, so we left 10 eggs with our brody duck and 30 in our incubator. We Waited until they'd hatching day and not a single duckling. We Waited another week and we decided to open one of the eggs. There was a dead chick inside. We tried another egg, also dead.We candled all of the eggs and not a single one was moving . A week later we threw them all away.

Then the ducklings from our brody duck hatched. When the first one hatched we took in to the incubator and helped it hatch. Then two more started hatching and we also put them in the incubator, but they both died. Then another duckling tried to hatch and we left it with the mother. But it got crushed.

We waited another day and tried to give the duckling back to its mother, but she rejected it.

I can't get a heat lamp because of corona. What do I do with it ?

Last edited:
Do you have an old bulb that gives off heat? Also, you can; order heat lamps online. Use a heating pad (best if you make a tunnel out of wire, and put the pad on top). You can wrap it in a washcloth, and keep it in your shirt.
When you offered it back to Mom, did you do it at night, in the dark?

Muscovy ducks are good mothers. I’m not sure why you were taking the eggs from her, but I’m sure you had your reasons. The next time, you shouldn’t have an issue with her hatching herself. She might have gotten messed up because of interference, or just first time hiccups.

Back
Top Bottom