Help changing chicken laws in ANDOVER, MN -*UPDATE*

We've made a few special order kids' tees for Arlington Egg Project members. We're happy to get whatever you'd like, it just takes a little longer. We've also been thinking of a chick design for infants and toddlers- what do you think?

I have lived in Andover for 9 years and was origionally from the area. I have been talking with my family also about having chickens for eggs. I would like to get in contact.
Thanks.

I have lived in Andover for 9 years and was origionally from the area.  I have been talking with my family also about having chickens for eggs.  I would like to get in contact.
Thanks.

Great! I just sent you a private message with some info! I have gotten lots of good info from others who have done this before. Now I just need others in the area who would like to help make it all come together!

There is a petition here if you'd like to sign also.
http://www.change.org/petitions/andover-mn-city-council-allow-urban-chickens-in-andover-mn

A bit of an update about the progress in Andover- we have 62 signatures on our online petition and 70 friends on facebook. This is a great start I think:) I have posted flyers around town with information to contact me and have received quite a bit of interest from these. Right now we are at 20+ signatures from residents of Andover.
DH and I spoke to all of our neighbors and they are all supportive of our venture:) Yay!!
I have been talking to a local farmer and have hopes to put together a workshop on raising backyard chickens sometime in the next couple of months.
I have contacted the Mayor and City Council with information on backyard chickens in an attempt to open that line of communication. What we really need is for other residents to write or call in as well.
There have been a handful of individuals who have contacted me about how to get involved and help out. I saw that there were a few people in this thread who had expressed interest previously. SO... if you're out there in Andover and want chickens or currently have them, please PM me or find me on Facebook. I'd really like to find someone to join forces with:)

https://www.facebook.com/AndoverBackyardChickens

Wanted to let you know that I am interested in raising backyard chickens in Andover. I'm a little late in some of the postings but am very interested in changing the chicken laws. Thanks

My family and I have a desire to raise backyard chickens and we have been researching the idea for some time now. We recently moved to Andover, MN so naturally I looked into the city ordinance concerning keeping chickens. At this point, chickens are not allowed on residential properties with municipal water and sewer, but they are allowed in rural residential areas without municipal water and sewer. I'd like to move to have this changed to allow keeping chickens on residential properties with city water and sewer, perhaps by obtaining a permit or with certain restrictions. I've made some phone calls and sent some emails. So I am attempting to get the ball rolling, and I would love to connect up with anyone in the area who would also like to join me. Also, I know many of you have experienced similar situations with regard to city ordinance and laws and attempting to get them changed. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
I was thinking the same thing. I would like to have like 6 silkys!

Back
Top Bottom