Help! Chick dragging wings along the ground and walking very slowly

Zoemay

In the Brooder
Sep 26, 2017
Hi guys, just went out to leet my baby chicks out they're about 4 months now. Sea brights. I noticed the girl was sort of hobbling around super slowly unlike usual where she speed runs out and her wings are hanging to the ground as if she can't lift them? Same with her tail. Her brothers are doing great, please tell me what this is I assume she's sick. Will she die? Heres a photo I currently have her eating eggs for protein and drinking electrolytes

Attachments

• IMG_20210704_124534.jpg
    IMG_20210704_124534.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20210704_124831.jpg
    IMG_20210704_124831.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 15
She appears to be inside so I wouldn't assume she is over heating. I'm not much of a chicken expert so I would be asking the same question. All I can say is keep a close eye on her, sorry for not being much help. What you are doing now tho is probably the best u can do for now

Hi guys, just went out to leet my baby chicks out they're about 4 months now. Sea brights. I noticed the girl was sort of hobbling around super slowly unlike usual where she speed runs out and her wings are hanging to the ground as if she can't lift them? Same with her tail. Her brothers are doing great, please tell me what this is I assume she's sick. Will she die? Heres a photo I currently have her eating eggs for protein and drinking electrolytes
Did you ever figure out what she had? Did she live or did she die? Sorry for a lack of a nice way to ask that, but I have a chick that has that exact symptom and I had two others who died with those symptoms, so I would just like to know if you learned anything.

Back
Top Bottom