HELP, Chick early, need answers Please. Chick Ok ♥ in EcoGlow Brooder.

1TurkenLover

Songster
10 Years
Jul 2, 2013
WASHINGTON state
Am check I , found fuzzy hatched Chick, Cold @ bottom of nest box area. Not Injured. seemed like Mom Freaked Out, Or Did not know chicked hatched. and jumped down.chick fell out & thats where I found it. . . Other eggs Due in 3 days or so. . . I searched for Egg Remaines. to discover who hatched it. Could Not Find shell. Chick alive & chirping in Brooder ♥ under EcoGlow20. Now a few Questions :confused:

#1 Can I put this Chick Back Under a Mom tonight ?
#2 Can I move a Mom & eggs inside tonight, OR should I wait till more hatch ?
#3 If I need to wait. how will I put a 3 day chick under Mom with day olds ?
#4: when I move Hen Inside. Do I move with Eggs OR Chicks.

Last edited:
Am check I , found fuzzy hatched Chick, Cold @ bottom of nest box area. Not Injured. seemed like Mom Freaked Out, Or Did not know chicked hatched. and jumped down.chick fell out & thats where I found it. . . Other eggs Due in 3 days or so. . . I searched for Egg Remaines. to discover who hatched it. Could Not Find shell. it's alive & chirping in Brooder ♥ now a few Questions :confused:

#2 Can I move a Mom & eggs inside tonight, OR should I waite till more hatch ?
#3 If I need to waite. how will I put a 3 day chck underMom with day olds ?

I would give the chick a couple of drops of sugar water to warm it up. You will need to keep it under a brooders lamp if you wait until tonite to put it under mom

Put it under mom tonight. Keep them inside until the last egg hatches. And yes, you can put a three day old with one day olds. The mom can't tell the difference, but put it back under as soon as you can. Keep it warm while you wait and give it starter feed and water with probiotics.

#1Put it under mom tonight. Keep them inside until the last egg hatches. And yes, #3 you can put a three day old with one day olds. The mom can't tell the difference, but put it back under as soon as you can. Keep it warm while you wait and give it starter feed and water with probiotics.

KEEP What Inside Until last egg hatches ?
Have Only the 1 Chick. it's in Brooder Under EcoGlow20. has water & starter feed. .
There are 2 Hens sitting on Eggs, that's the Problem. no idea who hatched egg.

#2 Can I move a Mom & eggs inside tonight, OR should I wait till more hatch ?
#3 If I need to wait. how will I put a 3 day chick under Mom with day olds ?

Last edited:
Move with chicks, not eggs. It doesn't matter which hen you put it back under. do it at night. I suggest waiting until eggs hatch for moving.

are both sets of eggs set to hatch on the same day? not sure why they would need to go inside, but I'd leave them all right where they are. the chicks don't need anything for two or three days as long as they stay under mama. i'm in western WA and the temps are just fine for chicks and hens to be outside. I suspect that your other eggs will be hatching over the next 36 hours.

Move with chicks, not eggs. It doesn't matter which hen you put it back under. do it at night. I suggest waiting until eggs hatch for moving.

I Just put Chick Back Tonight, listened for a bit outside nest box, "odd I know" Other Eggs due on 22nd ? I set them Under hens on 1st Wondering/Thinking this one was hidden and from My hens NOT from hatchery.

Last edited:
are both sets of eggs set to hatch on the same day? not sure why they would need to go inside, but I'd leave them all right where they are. the chicks don't need anything for two or three days as long as they stay under mama. I'm in western WA and the temps are just fine for chicks and hens to be outside. I suspect that your other eggs will be hatching over the next 36 hours.

#1 Yes Both sets of eggs, same day, Set under hens on the 1st From Hatchery. This is First every hatch from broody Hens. #2 The Big runs NOT safe for chicks.
and Tweener Coop has Remaining Banty chicks in it. I'd heard hens with chicks need to be close to ground, & can Not be with other hens. . . That is Ok since I've a nursery Coop/run just finishing being done tomorrow. & planed to put a Hen with chicks in it. I'm near Portland .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom