help chicken has food? stuck in her!

helpmeandmyb

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 17, 2014
I dont know what it is she has stuff stuck near he vent it has been about two weeks i post here everyday asking for help and nobody says anything please help i dont know what to do she is not even a pound she feels like a bag of feathers now she does not poop drink or eat really at all please help!!!!:hit

Is she old enough to be laying eggs? I don't know if she may be egg bound or not. I would put her in a tub of warm water and let her soak awhile. Try to wash that area off. Blow dry her and keep her in a warm place after the tub.. Good luck I hope she gets better. Let me know how she is doing..

patty

I did and it feels like a bump on the inside a bump with alot of food?eggs?smallrocks? I dont know?

Have you tried coaxing her to eat plain yogurt? That will help give her digestive tract a boost. You can also use a dropper to get her some water. I did just look at your previous thread and there was some great advise given there. If her crop is swollen, try gently massaging it to break up what's in there and offer her some grit.

From what you describe finding on your internal exam as well as her appearance and loss of weight I would suspect she may have tumors/cancer. Might also be a mite/lice problem as well, especially if any of the other birds show similar feather problems and skin redness.

Back
Top Bottom