Help! Chicken is acting crazy!!!

Yay!!!
1f483.png

Congrats on the egg. She was just trying to find a place to lay her egg. Do you having nesting boxes in the coop? Like someone else said put some golf balls or fake eggs in the nesting box and she should start laying in there.

Congrats on the egg.  She was just trying to find a place to lay her egg.  Do you having nesting boxes in the coop?  Like someone else said put some golf balls or fake eggs in the nesting box and she should start laying in there.  

Their nesting boxes are attached to the coop. She went I there earlier but I think it's too warm in there. I have a makeshift shade area where their coop is but she decided that the fire pit was her place, which is fine. I don't mind if that is where she wants to lay

Their nesting boxes are attached to the coop. She went I there earlier but I think it's too warm in there. I have a makeshift shade area where their coop is but she decided that the fire pit was her place, which is fine. I don't mind if that is where she wants to lay

If you have a dog or maybe a cat they may eat the eggs

Well that worked out well.
If you really dont mind her laying there, that fine.
But if you want her to lay in the boxes, you will need to lock her up in the run for a few days. I had to do this when my hens suddenly decided to lay under a couple of old boards on week. Locking them up in the run for a week cured that. Now they dont "free range" in the backyard until I get home and make sure they've laid. Also, my new pullets wont get loose out in the yard until they start laying.

Back
Top Bottom