HELP, chicken wheezing and coughing

I have one chicken that I noticed has been coughing. I did not think much of it until I caught her today and she is totally wheezing. She is one of my flock that I have had for over 2 years now. No new chickens around this flock. No new anything. She is the only chicken that is coughing and wheezing. No one else seems otherwise affected. She runs around just like everyone else doesn't seem bothered by it until I caught her. There has been absolutly no changes in anything. I don't get it. Anyways, what should I do? I have already seperated her from everyone else. She is in my large dog kennel for now. But what else do I do? There are just way to many threads to go through each and every one of them. I read a couple but there was no real answers on what I need to do to get her better. So I use straw in the coop and always have. All is good and clean. I use DE down on the coop floor before I throw down the straw. Again, have been doing this for some time now. There is always water and grit and everything else the hens could want. I am at a loss. I don't want her to die. I feel like I caught this early so please help me cure her. Thanks for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom