HELP! CHICKENS EATING EGGS

Hmmm, I finally caught the culprits, now what to do with them.......?????? Of course they are always the prettiest chickens of all. Well, one is. The other is my hen with spurs-odd. I have them caged separately right now and my egg numbers are shooting right back up. Those stinkers must have been eating about 12 a day, all summer long!!! I thought my chickens were molting.

Eating eggs is a sign of an imbalance in diet.

usually they are craving the calcium in the shells.

Make shure you have a good supply of 16% or better protein layer feed, and provide free access oyster shell. (grit also)
I feed half and half regular laying crumbles and Turkey Game bird Starter..30% protein and as treats cat food and meal worms.(and veg and fruit etc)They also have plenty of calcium..going to try covering entrance to nests..but slowly eating the birds myself and while they make good soup..the meat is like rubber!! hahaha I am not happy!! One hen started this and it took off like wild fire..they free range over 18 ac. too..how can they be bored? They ate the mustard filed egg and the ceramic eggs have slowed it down a little..Guess I be raising baby chicks this spring!!

Back
Top Bottom